Monday, September 29, 2014

Small Post 2

As I was reading through the articles on Family History I noticed how I did not recognize many of the resources and terms used in the earlier articles. Technology has grown into something that is effective and has successful usability which can be seen through the advancements in Family History. In the early stages, people were being encouraged to gather records, write down information, and talk with relatives. In the article published in 2000, we see that there were multiple sources one could use to find information and it could be recorded, seen, and cross-referenced by anyone. Now, with FamilySearch, all of those multiple sites have been brought together in a simple and intuitive layout that anybody can learn easily. It is not overwhelming and is simple to connect with other people and store or view information. I am amazed by how years of methods and systems were brought together rather seamlessly by one application.

1 comment:

  1. Same here! It was interesting to see how much has changed in just my lifetime. The oldest of those articles came out around when I was born, and the technology it discussed is almost completely obsolete. It makes me even more curious about what advances we'll see in the next 10-20 years and how they'll continue to help family history and other positive endeavors.

    ReplyDelete